Timeline: 2022 onwards
The City of Windsor has invested $525,000 to install 11 new electric vehicle charging stations capable of charging 22 electric vehicles throughout the city.
The new charging stations are installed throughout Windsor to make it easier for EV and hybrid drivers to charge up. There are 11 stations, each featuring a duel connector able to charge two vehicles at once for a total of 22 charging spaces.
The installation of all 11 station stations was completed by March 2022 at the following locations:
- Municipal Garage 2, 406 Pelissier Street
- WFCU Centre, 8787 McHugh Street
- Capri Pizzeria Recreation Complex, 2555 Pulford Street
- Municipal Lot 5, 78 Riverside Drive West
- Municipal Lot 35, 1025 Elsmere Avenue
- Municipal Lot 34, 1 Festival Plaza
- Municipal Lot 4-1, 0 Lincoln Road at Ottawa Street
- Municipal Lot 10, 445 City Hall Square
- Mic Mac Park Complex, 1125 Prince Road
Initially, charging services are available without a cost to drivers to allow the administration to collect data to determine the future needs of Windsor’s electric vehicle infrastructure.
Action: EV chargers