Timeline: 2020 onwards.
The installation of EV charging stations is one way that the Region of Peel has taken action on climate change by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and helping build a greener, healthier, low-carbon community.
The Region has installed more than 100 charging stations across 20+ sites. Two locations offer public charging during regular business hours and have 50kW DC Fast Charging available. Chargers at other Regional sites are dedicated for fleet vehicles, or only available for employees and visitors accessing Regional services.
List of charging stations
Public access (daytime), visitors and employees
- 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
- 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
Visitors and employees only
- Copper, Mavis and Wolfedale Yards
- All Paramedics reporting stations
- Caledon, Battleford, and Brampton Community Recycling Centres
- Lorne Park and Arthur P. Kennedy Water Treatment Plants
- G.E. Booth and Clarkson Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Vera Davis and Malton Village Long Term Care Centres (Peel Manor planned)
- Peel Regional Police Headquarters
Municipality: Peel Region
Action: EV chargers