Timeline: 2020 onwards.
In the spring of 2020, Toronto launched its popular ActiveTO program as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021, the Toronto city council approved seven ActiveTO cycling routes to be made permanent immediately.
Permanent ActiveTO routes include:
- Bloor Street, between Avenue Road and Sherbourne Street.
- Dundas Street East, between Sackville Street and Broadview Avenue.
- University Avenue/Queens Park, between Adelaide and Bloor Street West.
- Huntingwood Drive, between Victoria Park Avenue and Brimley Road.
- Danforth Avenue, between Broadview Avenue and Dawes Road and a new 700-metre extension along Danforth Avenue, between Dawes Road and Victoria Park Avenue.
- Bayview Avenue, between Rosedale Valley Road and River Street.
- Wilmington Avenue, between Finch Sheppard Avenue West.
Category: Active Transportation