Timeline: 2022 onwards
Windsor Council approved a $2.6-million project to install a rooftop solar PV system at 13 city facilities.
This Net Metering of rooftop solar PV (photovoltaic) installations would generate $220,000 in annual savings.
The rooftop solar PV systems are installed at:
– the Optimist Community Centre and Library,
– Forest Glade Community Centre and Library,
– John Atkinson Community Centre,
– Fire Hall #2,
– Fire Hall #5,
– Fire Hall #6 and EOC,
– Fire Hall #7,
– Fire Apparatus Building,
– Parks & Recreation Facilities Storage,
– Parks & Recreation Maintenance Yard,
– South Windsor Library,
– Fontainebleau Library,
– Little River Pollution Control Plant
The total installed capacity is 710.5 kW.
This project ties into Windsor’s climate change plan to reduce energy consumption by 25 percent by 2041, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent by 2041.
Action: Renewable Energy Systems