Green Development Workshop
Friday November 16th, 2018
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location: Room 308 at Metro Hall, 55 John Street, Toronto
(south of King Street West and between University and Spadina)
10:00 Welcomes Goals and Introductions
10:20 Adrian Wang, Tridel: A Developer’s Perspective on Green Development Standards
10:50 – 12:15 World Café Group Work – Part A
12:15 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 2:15 World Café Group Work – Part B
2:15 – 2:45 Report Back from Work Groups
2:45 Wrap Up and Next Steps
During the World Café Group Work break out groups will explore the following topics and questions. Workshop participants will select 4 or 5 groups they would like to participate in.
- Policy Structures and Legal Authority for Green Development Standards
- Working with the Development Community/Developer Consultations
- Alignment between GDS and third party certifications (LEED, BOMA, Zero Carbon, Passive House, etc.)
- Metrics – What needs to be updated and What is Missing
- Implementation Processes
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Incentives/Increasing the Uptake of Measures
And explore and document input related to the below questions:
- What are the main issues you are facing and what actions have you undertaken to address these issues?
- What resources/experiences do you have to share with others (or are you planning to undertake) that may help address this issue?
- What are the gaps in resources/actions that you see as the biggest limiting factor? What suggestions might you have for how we could collectively address these gaps?