The Clean Air Partnership (CAP) is seeking candidates for its Board of Directors, which consists currently of eleven (11) members.
The Board provides:
- Strategic guidance in the form of a three-year plan that is periodically reviewed and refreshed;
- Framework governance, wherein the board defines the mission, expected outcomes, future directions of the organization, and monitors operational activities to ensure they are aligned with long-term strategy; and
- Operational oversight relating to CAP’s program, personnel, and finances/audit.
Some further details:
- Appointments are for three (3) years, with the option of reappointment for a total of six (6) years;
- Board meetings are held every two months and are typically two (2) hours in length;
- Board members are expected to contribute volunteer time on one of several standing committees, such as Governance and Nominations, or ad hoc committees; and
- CAP carries Officer and Director’s Liability Insurance that indemnifies its Board members.
CAP at this time is particularly seeking candidates who possess skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- A deep commitment to a sustainable environment and addressing and solving challenges arising in this sphere;
- Creating and managing active partnerships with corporate funding sponsors, NGOs, energy or climate trade associations, and/or municipalities;
- Knowledge of not-for-profit and/or municipal law, government regulation of charitable organizations, and NGO board governance issues;
- Networking with provincial and federal energy and climate agencies and staff; and
- Knowledge of Canada’s and/or Ontario’s:
- Climate and energy policies and programs; and/or
- Active transportation policies and programs.
The CAP Board’s Nomination Committee will interview the top candidates that emerge from its process and aim to make final appointments at its AGM in mid June. The deadline for applications is May 15th, 2019.
Please submit your cv and a personal letter via email to email@example.com stating why you would like to join the CAP board and what in particular you believe you can contribute to the organization’s governance. Also include at least three professional references whom the CAP’s Nominations Committee may contact.